Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie, known as Street Fighter II Movie (ストリートファイター II MOVIE Sutorīto Faitā Tsū Mūbī) in Japan and Australia, is a 1994 anime film adaptation of the Street Fighter II fighting game written by Kenichi Imai, directed by Gisaburō Sugii and animated by Group TAC.
The film, originally released in Japan on August 8, 1994, was released theatrically in the United Kingdom, France, and Spain, and was adapted into English in dubbed and subtitled format by Animaze for Manga Entertainment. Following the film's release, Group TAC later produced a loose adaptation of the Street Fighter II game, the anime series Street Fighter II V.
|Ryu||Kojiro Shimizu||Skip Stellrecht|
|Ken Masters||Kenji Haga||Eddie Frierson|
|Chun-Li||Miki Fujitani||Lia Sargent|
|Guile||Masane Tsukayama||Kirk Thornton|
|M. Bison (Vega)||Takeshi Kusaga||Tom Wyner|
|Vega (Balrog)||Kaneto Shiozawa||Richard Cansino|
|Balrog (Mike Bison)||Jōji Nakata||Joe Romersa|
|Sagat||Shigezō Sasaoka||Peter Spellos|
|Master Gouken||Hideyo Amamoto||Michael Forest|
|Eliza||Hiromi Tsuru||Wanda Nowicki|
|Edmond Honda||Daisuke Gōri||Richard Epcar|
|Dhalsim||Yukimasa Kishino||Michael Sorich|
|Fei Long||Masakatsu Funaki||Bryan Cranston|
|Cammy White||Yōko Sasaki||Debra Jean Rogers|
|Dee Jay||Ginzō Matsuo||Beau Billingslea|
|T. Hawk||Shōzō Iizuka||Steve Blum|
|Zangief||Tetsuo Kanao||Michael Sorich|
|Blanka||Unshō Ishizuka||Kevin Seymour|
|Senoh||Chikao Ōtsuka||Milton James|
|Interpol Agent||Steve Bulen|
|Movie Director||Kevin Seymour|
|Bookie||Hank Crowell, Jr.|
|Interpol Director||Masayoshi Nagasawa||Christopher Carroll|
|Fight Security Guard||Mike Reynolds|
|Terrorist||Yasunori Masutani||Donald Salin|
|Little Girl||Machiko Toyoshima||Julie Maddalena|
- Stephen Apostolina - Reporter 2, Airforce Officer, Investigator 2
- Arlene Banas - Promoter
- Steve Blum - Reporter 1, Calcutta Soldier, Ring Announcer, VTOL Pilot
- Christopher Carroll - Biers' Partner
- Hank Crowell, Jr. - Fei Long's Bud
- Leo Gray - Old Man
- Mike Reynolds - Minister Sellers, Moll Man
- Lia Sargent - Waitress, Voice on Phone
- Kevin Seymour - Fight Security Guard 2, Shadowlaw Business Partner
- Two versions of the English dub were created; a tamer PG-13 version, and an unrated cut which contains, among other things, a slightly more revealing shower scene featuring Chun-Li that is still censored from the original Japanese version.
- Though various releases would be less censored, the full uncut version would not be released in North America until Discotek Media's 2016 Blu-Ray release. Prior to that, the Australian release by Madman Entertainment was the only version of the movie that was completely uncut outside Japan.
- For the original English release, an alternative/grunge-oriented music score was composed by Cory Lerios and John D'Andrea. The dub would later be released with the original Japanese score reinstated on the 2006 Uncut, Uncensored, Unleashed DVD.
- Most of the English cast would later reprise their roles for Street Fighter II V, with some exceptions.
- Stephen Apostolina replaces Eddie Frierson as Ken.
- Randy McPherson replaces Bryan Cranston as Fei-Long.
- Steve Blum and Kevin Seymour replace Michael Sorich as Dhalsim and Zangief respectively.
|—||The Sci-Fi Channel||United States|
|Manga Entertainment||1999||PAL||United Kingdom|
- Street Fighter II V
- Street Fighter Alpha: The Movie
- Street Fighter IV: The Ties that Bind