Rupert Joel Degas (born 17 August 1970) is a British-Australian actor, voice actor, and impressionist. He is best known for his voice work in animation, video games and advertising, and also as an audiobook narrator.
Rupert began his career dubbing films as apprentice to Robert Rietti. BBC Radio followed, where Rupert honed his craft with maverick director Dirk Maggs. Soon Rupert was in demand as a voice actor in video-games and animation, spending eight years on Bob the Builder and working regularly for the likes of Turner, Disney, LucasArts, EA Games and Sony.
In the world of advertising, he quickly became one of the most sought after retail voiceover actors in London, working on hundreds of campaigns with some of the world's top agencies. He has also voiced over 5,000 TV and radio promos.
Rupert has won critical acclaim in the UK and the USA for his prolific audiobook work, having narrated over 150 titles; and as an actor he has appeared frequently on stage and screen, most notably in the West End productions of Stones in His Pockets and The 39 Steps, for which he and his fellow cast members won the Olivier Award for Best Comedy.
- Thomas & Friends (1984-2021) - Dart (Seasons 15-16), Bertie (Seasons 15-16), Butch (Season 15), Flynn (Seasons 15-16) (UK Dub)
- Dart (Seasons 15-16), Bertie (Seasons 15-16), Flynn (Seasons 15-16) (US Dub)
- Bob the Builder (1998-2011) - Scrambler, Zoomer
- Skip (Where’s Robert?), Tom (US Dub)
- Asterix Conquers America (1994) - Medicine Man
- Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (2011) - Dart, Flynn (UK/US Dub)
- Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles (2018) - Luis Buñuel
- X (1996) - Shōgo Asagi