Jonathan Bernard Broadbent (born 1977) is an English actor
Jonathan became interested in acting at school, helped by his enthusiastic drama teacher Michael Day, who added Theatre Studies to the school's A level syllabus, and who recommended Jonathan for the National Youth Theatre, where he was one of the youngest ever pupils at their summer school. Whilst still at school he toured Norway playing the name part in Macbeth and Mercutio in Romeo and Juliet. He then went on to the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London and since graduating has played a wide variety of stage roles , including in Peter Pan at the National Theatre, The Dumb Waiter and The Turn of the Screw at Bristol Old Vic ,She Stoops to Conquer on its nationwide tour and Love for Love, Queen Anne, and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe for the RSC , Amadeus at Wilton's Theatre in London and Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet at the Rose, Bankside. In 2011 he joined Filter Theatre, becoming an artistic associate , appearing in their contemporary version of Twelfth Night, and their equally revisionist production of A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Lyric, Hammersmith as a nerdy asthmatic Oberon. In 2016, he was awarded the Clarence Derwent prize as best supporting actor in the Donmar Warehouse's revival of My Night with Reg. Though not a prolific screen actor in film or television, he is in demand for voice-overs and has contributed to dozens of episodes of Thomas & Friends.
- Thomas & Friends (1984-2021) - Bill (Seasons 17-19), Ben (Seasons 17-19), Slip Coach 1 (UK/US Dub)
- Thomas & Friends: Tale of the Brave (2014) - Bill, Ben (UK/US Dub)
- Thomas & Friends: Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (2015) - Bill, Ben (UK Dub)
- Thomas & Friends: The Great Race (2016) - Bill, Ben (UK/US Dub)
- Jonathan Broadbent at the Internet Movie Database