Jason Gray-Stanford (born May 19, 1970) is a Canadian-American film, television and voice actor. He is best known for playing Lieutenant Randy Disher in the Emmy, SAG, and Golden Globe winning TV program Monk and for voicing the role of Raditz in Dragon Ball Z.
Gray-Stanford is best known for his role starring as Lt. Randall "Randy" Disher in the Emmy, SAG, and Golden Globe winning TV series Monk, which ran from 2002-2009. Gray-Stanford earned a BFA degree from the University of British Columbia in theatre. He has done extensive voice-over work for various Japanese anime movies and series, and also contributed background vocals to Russell Crowe's 30 Odd Foot of Grunts album Gaslight.
He played Deputy Bobby Michan in the 1999 movie Mystery Alaska and appeared in the 2001 Academy Award winning film A Beautiful Mind, both starring Crowe. He appeared in the 2006 Clint Eastwood film, Flags of our Fathers as Lieutenant Schrier. Other notable film credits include, Disney's "Earth To Echo" "The Miracle Season," as Scott Sanders, along side Helen Hunt and William Hurt, "Phantom," the Tribeca Film Festival selections, "Caroline and Jackie," and "Lonely Hearts" with John Travolta, Jared Leto, Salma Hayak, Laura Dern and the late James Gandolfini. He also starred in "Summer Of '84" which had it's premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in 2018.
Notable television appearances range from his role as Attorney Scott Henderson on the David E. Kelly series "Monday Mornings," "Grey's Anatomy," "Justified," "The X-Files," "Bones," and both the "NCIS" and "Stargate" franchises to the Canadian TV series "Republic Of Doyle," and the hit Amazon series "The Boys"
Among his many voice-over performances Gray-Stanford voiced the role of Donatello in the TV series, Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation' and was the voice of Sherlock Holmes in "Sherlock Holmes In The 22nd Century" animated television series. He was also the voice of Kento Rei Faun in the anime Ronin Warriors, and the original English voice of Raditz in the Ocean Group dub of Dragon Ball Z, as well as the voice of Shinnosuke in the English dub of Ranma ½ and the voice of Joe Higashi in the Fatal Fury OVAs and film. Jason Gray-Stanford is recognized as the original voice of Yusaku Godai in Maison Ikkoku. '.
He continues to be a fierce animal advocate as well as lending his voice to the importance of organ donation and transplant awareness.
- The Snow Queen (1957) - The Prince (Jove Dub)
- The Adventures of Buratino (1959) - Boy in Queue, Additional Voices (Jove Dub)
- The Wild Swans (1962) - The Young King (Jove Dub)
- Cinderella (1979) - The Prince, Painting
- Super Kid (1993) - Big Boy
- Maison Ikkoku (1986-1988) - Yūsaku Godai (1st voice; eps. 1-36), TV Character (ep. 3)
- Ronin Warriors (1988-1989) - Kento Rei Fang, Gash
- Dragon Ball Z (1989-1996) - Raditz (Ocean Dub)
OVAs & Specials
- Dog Soldier (1989) - Takechi, Agent, Soldier
- Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (1992) - Joe Higashi
- Green Legend Ran (1992-1993) - Ran
- Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle (1993) - Joe Higashi
- Mermaid's Scar (1993) - Yuta
- Please Save My Earth (1993-1994) - Haruhiko Kasama, Shukaido
- Ranma ½ (1993-1996) - Shinnosuke (eps. 7-8)
- Ogre Slayer (1994-1995) - Ogre Slayer