David Benjamin Moo (born December 3, 1970) is an American voice actor, bartender and bar owner. He worked on projects for 4Kids Entertainment, Central Park Media, NYAV Post and TAJ Productions. He is best known for voicing Sanji in the 4Kids dub of One Piece, as well as Xellos in The Slayers, and Faraji Ngala in several episodes of the 2003-2009 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series.
Moo was previously an actor and theatre director before landing roles as a voice actor in the late 1990s, primarily voicing characters in Japanese anime as they were dubbed into English for local audiences. Some of Moo's performances, specifically his role as Sanji from One Piece, received online criticism from anime fans. Moo would later disclose in a 2014 interview that when he was voicing the American version of Sanji for the 4Kids version, that it had been the script directors' choice to give the character a Brooklyn accent, which contradicted many fan rumors of Moo having a head cold or being a drug addict.
Around the One Piece recordings, he was working as a bartender at the Quarter Bar in Brooklyn. He recorded for Sanji from 2004 up until the dub's cancellation. He has since retired from major voice acting and is now the owner of the Quarter Bar in Brooklyn. As a result, he was replaced by Michael Sinterniklaas for the seasons 4 & 5 of Slayers. He still does minor voice roles in some projects.
- Ultraman Tiga (1996-1997) - Additional Voices
- The Slayers (1995) - Sorcerer 2 (ep. 19)
- The Ping Pong Club (1995) - Morio Tachikawa, Hide, Kitazato (ep. 21), Additional Voices
- Slayers NEXT (1996) - Xellos, Rajara (ep. 3), Zazan (ep. 10), Evia (ep. 17), Claire Bible (ep. 21)
- Slayers TRY (1997) - Xellos
- One Piece (1999-present) - Sanji (4Kids Dub)
- Now & Then, Here & There (1999-2000) - Additional Voices
- Yu-Gi-Oh! (2000-2004) - Panik
- Ultimate Muscle (2002-2004) - Additional Voices
- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (2004-2008) - Gravekeeper's Chief (eps. 27-28)
OVAs & Specials
- Takegami: Guardian of Darkness (1990-1992) - Jiunbo
- Giant Robo: The Animation (1992-1998) - Kaei (eps. 5-7) (NYAV Post Dub)
- Kizuna (1994) - Masanori Araki
- Silent Service (1995-1998) - Additional Voices
- Shootfighter Tekken (2002) - Editor Tayama, Additional Voices
- Night on the Galactic Railroad (1985) - Wireless Operator
Video Game Dubbing
- One Piece: Grand Adventure (2005) - Sanji
- One Piece: Grand Battle (2005) - Sanji
- One Piece: Pirate's Carnival (2005) - Sanji
- He is good friends with J. David Brimmer, Dan Green, Michael Sinterniklaas and others.
- Most of his work was done in either the recording studios or at his home.
- In January 2019, Moo appeared as a contestant on the quiz show Jeopardy! (Season 35, Episode 95), coming in second place out of the three contestants and winning $2,000.