Christopher Edgerly (born August 6, 1969) is an American voice actor, comedian and singer.
Life and Career
Born in Silver Spring, Maryland, Edgerly moved to Savannah, Georgia at the age of two with his mother and two brothers. He graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in journalism.
He provided the voice of Peter Potamus on the Adult Swim animated series, Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, in addition to several guest voices on the TV series Drawn Together. Other television voice appearances include Duck Dodgers, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Codename: Kids Next Door, and Kenan & Kel. He can also be heard as the voice of "Cloak" in the Disney animated feature The Wild. In 2006, Chris started voicing Nick Diamond, The Masked Man and referee Mills Lane on the return of MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch. He also provided a voice for a Brute in the video game Halo 2 and appeared on two episodes of Kenan & Kel.
Edgerly lent his voice to Yuan, Magnius, and Kvar in the video game Tales of Symphonia. He has also voiced Cid Highwind in the film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, as well as the video games Kingdom Hearts II, Lineage II, and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, Berlioz/Supplice in Armored Core 4, The Flash in the 2006 video game Justice League Heroes, and voiced the character of Sullivan in Resonance of Fate.
He has voiced various soldiers in the video game Valkyria Chronicles and TEL in Infinity Blade III. He recently voiced the protagonist character Ken Ogawa in FromSoftware's video game Ninja Blade. He also provided the voice of Gambit in the video game adaption of X-Men Origins: Wolverine as well as voicing different characters in the 2012 video game, Lego The Lord of the Rings. He also voiced Peter Parker, J. Jonah Jameson, and Spider-Man in The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. He also voiced Francis Little in Disney XD original series, Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil. Additionally, he voices Hidan in Naruto Shippūden. Edgerly played the voice of Jedi Master Eeth Koth for the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars in the second season episode "Grievous Intrigue".
He became a cast member for The Simpsons, playing various characters. He also voiced Ren Hoek in the 2011 game Nicktoons MLB. In 2013, Edgerly took the role of a spiky winged creature called a pufferthorn, and his character was named Pop Thorn, in Skylanders: Swap Force. Edgerly also has provided the voice of Gobber the Belch on Cartoon Network's DreamWorks Dragons animated series for seasons 1 and 2. He has continued to do so for its 3rd season that aired on Netflix in 2015.
Edgerly was one of the two main voice actors in the English release of Top Cat: The Movie.
- Digimon Data Squad (2006-2007) - Dynasmon
- Naruto Shippūden (2007-2017) - Hidan, Isobu the Three-Tails, Rōshi, Torture and Interrogation Force Member (ep. 331), Leaf Ninja#1 (ep. 335)
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations (2017-present) - Isobu the Three-Tails
- Baki (2018-2020) - Ryuukou Yanagi, Jeff Markson, Rob Robinson (ep. 2), Kitaarashi (ep. 7), Kido (ep. 8), Jeff (ep. 13), Additional Voices (Netflix Dub)
- Ultraman (2019-present) - Yosuke Endo, Man In Glasses (ep. 10), Waiter (ep. 10)
- Godzilla Singular Point (2021) - Gen, Additional Voices
- Record of Ragnarok (2021) - Zeus, Additional Voices
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (2005) - Cid Highwind
- Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie (2012) - Hidan
Video Game Dubbing
- Yakuza (2005) - Additional Voices
- Kingdom Hearts II (2006) - Cid
- Final Fantasy XIII (2009) - Additional Voices
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2011) - Porter, Yaschas Massif Researcher, Resident, Torreno
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2013) - Passenger, Sentry
- Kingdom Hearts III (2019) - Cid